Sunday, November 14, 2010

Yo No Quiero Taco Bell!


I've been to eleventy million different Taco Bells in my life and I can honestly say I have never seen a hispanic person working there. You would think with Taco Bell claiming to be south of border cuisine that they would have workers to compliment their atmosphere. Here in Florida, the company's current slogan "Think outside the box!" doesn't translate well into Spanish, so on the local Spanish speaking stations which are geared more toward the hispanic community, the company uses the slogan, "No solo de pan viva el hombre", which translates to "Man does not live on bread alone". Hispanics say that the problem is that the menu does not contain real items that remind them of home. I feel that... Now I know I love me some Taco Bell! I always get 2 chalupas, a chicken quesadilla, and a soft taco. The drinks there suck though, so I always make me a big jug of Kool-Aid once I get home. What do you think about Taco Bell, the items on the menu, and the people who work there not being hispanic?

2 comments:

  1. You know i love them chalupas too! & a maximelt. lol and im NOT Mexican, so idc what they gotta say about taco bell. they just hatin

    ReplyDelete
  2. i dont blame them, taco bell tastes nothing like anything south of the border. half of the hispanic restaurants dont taste too much like south of the border. some not all! i know when i went to costa rica i was shocked at what i received for a taco...just saying

    ReplyDelete